- Drew Dober destroyed Nasrat Haqparast with nasty ground and pound on the preliminary card at UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cowboy.
- Dober teed-up his finishing sequence with a counter left hand power punch which fell Haqparast.
- Dober then pounced on his opponent and landed 11 punches while Haqparast lay defenseless.
- Pleased with his brutal knockout win, the 31-year-old American said he's ready for any fighter in the top 10 of his division — and even called out the UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
2020欧洲杯预选赛赛程LAS VEGAS — An American southpaw knocked his UFC opponent down with a counter left hand, held him down with one fist, then punched him 11 times while he lay defenseless on the canvas.
It was an extraordinarily violent victory for Drew Dober, a 31-year-old competing out of Colorado who is blooming on a fight per fight basis.
Dober destroyed Nasrat Haqparast with ease on the preliminary card at UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cowboy — the first major mixed martial arts event of the year, held at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on January 18.
Dober held the center of the Octagon and, with less than one minute registered on the first round of the fight clock, counter struck Haqparast with a left fist so powerful it buckled the 24-year-old German, sending him backwards, onto the canvas.
2020欧洲杯预选赛赛程Showing no mercy, Dober got on top of Haqparast, held his neck down with one hand, and, with the other, battered him relentlessly.
The referee could have stopped the fight at any point after the second punch Dober landed in the finishing sequence, but a slow response allowed Dober to land 11 blows while Haqparast lay defenseless.
Watch it all unfold here:
2020欧洲杯预选赛赛程After the winning performance, which sees Dober's record rise to 21 wins (8 knockouts, 6 submissions, and 7 decisions) against 9 losses (1 knockout, 3 submission, and 5 decisions), Dober said: "This is a huge statement win for me … I feel like I'm just coming into my prime."
Dober, who competes in the lightweight and welterweight divisions, said he's ready for ranked fighters. "I'm ready for top 10, top 15, whoever ends up saying yes.
2020欧洲杯预选赛赛程"I want to go back and watch the fight again and perfect anything I need to, but then it's right back to racking up cage time. I want to fight Khabib [Nurmagomedov] and anyone below him on that list, so the first guy to say yes will get it."